Oral Cancer Screening in Cedar Park, TX
Oral cancer can be found in many parts of the mouth, including the gums, tongue, lips, cheeks, palate, and even throat. However, even though oral cancer is potentially fatal, it is quite realistic to identify it in the early development stages. In that case, the treatment would not require many efforts from the victim, who can fight it more efficiently and effectively than later. Get an oral examination to identify and diagnose any abnormalities and pathology.Benefits of regular dental check-ups to identify early signs of oral cancer:
- It enables you to detect oral cancer at the earliest stages of development.
- In principle, regular dental check-ups are the best way to identify the early development of any disease of the oral cavity.
- If you have a higher chance of cancer (due to smoking, alcohol use, frequent exposure to sunlight, or aggravated genetics), the dentist can also perform screening tests.
As a part of a comprehensive family dental care, Cedar Park Dental Wellness offers oral cancer screening. Dr. Regina Yunusov implements modern dental technology to enable timely oral cancer examinations in her patients. This procedure could save tens of thousands of lives because the earlier a person is diagnosed with cancer, the higher their chances of a full recovery. Oral cancer, which includes the tongue's tumors, is sometimes found too late because it often does not remind us of itself for a long time. Today, the survival rate for this diagnosis is over 50%. Scientists have repeatedly expressed the idea that dentists should screen patients for oral cancer. But until recently, there were no specially developed technologies for this.Oral cancer screening process:
- The dentist will palpate the oral cavity, including the cheeks, lips, tongue, palate, and floor of the mouth, as well as the sides of the tongue, in search of lesions, tumors, and changes in tissue surface texture.
- The dentist will inspect the oral tissues for cancer signs and examine the mouth, face, and neck for cancer-related changes.
- If your dentist detects any warning signs, she will refer you for additional examination.
If you are concerned with any lesions, spots, or bumps inside your mouth, call our Cedar Park dental office to book the oral cancer screening today!